1) Establish the conditions for health: identify and remove disturbing factors and institute a more healthful regimen
2) Stimulate the healing power of nature: the self-healing processes of the mind and body
3) Address weakened or damaged systems or organs: strengthen the immune system, decrease toxicity, normalize inflammatory functions, optimize metabolic functions, balance regulatory systems, enhance regeneration and harmonize with one's life force
4) Correct structural integrity: align the body
5) Address pathology: use specific natural substances, modalities or interventions
6) Address pathology: use specific pharmacologic or synthetic substances
7) Suppress or surgically remove pathology
The needs of the patient are primary in determining the appropriate approach to therapy.